Commercial or Community banks that fall in wholesale banking serving B2B clients operate leaner than before and are faced with increased regulatory pressures especially after the financial crisis in 2008. Basel III regulations require banks to hold 4.5% of common equity in capital (up from 2%) and hold 6% of Tier I capital (up from 4%), in addition to other mandatory and discretionary buffers that decrease a bank’s working margin. Banks require external market intelligence to feel the pulse of the current risks and opportunities.
Nowigence continuously monitors a bank’s clients – their product range, geography, distribution channels, technology, investment, deals, legal, regulatory, key promoters, leadership, fraudulent practices, market growth.
- Reduce the manual account management work
- Identify new prospects, use machine learning to recognize good from not so good prospects – reduce customer acquisition cost
Risk Managers/Credit Appraisers:
- Set credit limits based on risks that are continuously monitored
- Enhance content quality and reduce manual oversight
- Compare clients’ external environment to predict emerging risks and opportunities to optimize portfolio
- Develop early warning systems to detect early signs of credit stress
- Optimize the level of risk reserves by reducing non-performing assets (NPA)
“I like the Pulse Alerts and enjoy reading your comments about various future scenarios”
“This keeps us prepared; sales part is good and can be taken as talking points for further actions”
“The future trends have come out well”