Nowigence Inc. is currently looking for a software engineer to work on its current website and web application.
Nowigence is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that interlaces structured and unstructured data to provide unparalleled market intelligence to both domestic and international clients. We offer a smart platform that is capable of business-oriented knowledge representation and predictive modeling. Our data scientists are currently working on the back end of the platform, which involves challenging projects in the areas of natural language processing (NLP), machine learning, and data analytics. The front end of this platform is a web application, which needs valuable support from our web developer.
Qualified individuals will work in a research and development team to redesign the current front-end UI and its embedded web applications. Potential candidates need to be enrolled in or graduated from an academic program disciplined in computer science, information science, or related fields. The projects involved in this position play a crucial role in the development of our commercial product.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and Develop web applications with intuitive UI/UX
- Develop interactive web interfaces for our clients
- Implement pre-existing web frameworks and CMS
- Interact with data scientists on a daily basis
- Create data-driven presentations and visualizations on the website
- Write wrappers to connect front-end UI with information in the back end
- Knowledge of CMS / jQuery / HTML5 / JSON / React JS / Angular JS
- Experience with web application development
- Experience with responsive front-end frameworks (e.g., Bootstrap)
- Knowledge of cross-browser and cross-platform testing and compatibility
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux/Unix environments
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and teamwork skills
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus
Bachelor’s or Master’s (including graduate students)
Qualified applicants should submit their resume to:
Carson Tao, Ph.D.
Principal Data Scientist
Nowigence Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Nowigence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.